Here we go, the ending of the old cycle is coming and the new one is waiting ahead. Scorpio season came with all kind of challenging emotions and situations, but now we really feel the need to change, to evolve, to grow, to make our visions real. It’s all about realizing karmic debts and to transform ourselves into the best visions of ourselves.
On November 7th, 2018, the sun and the moon are going to meet in the sign of Scorpio. Before you can easily sow your seeds, you first have to listen to the sounds from the deep waters of your soul. Scorpio’s energy is very deep, energetic and also mysterious, so prepare for deep emotions. This New Moon is all about overcoming old behavioural automatisms and thinking patterns and to transform emotional trauma. Acknowledge where you come from but realize that you’re not defined by your past. You’re a warrior and you have the willpower to work through everything that you want to overcome. However, you should not forget that the warrior attitude is different from a furious Scorpio, hiding behind his shell and hurting with its sting.
Neptune and Pluto are sending energies that can help you with your transformation. You may feel the need for a connection to something bigger. Take these visions of yourself and your personal “perfect world” and compare that to the things you want to get rid of. This could show you a path to burn the old weeds and plant new seeds on fertile soil.
We all have these ghosts from the past. Whether it’s some ex-lover or friend, emotional or situational triggers, we all have these things that make us go nuts. Sometimes we even think that these chapters were closed a long time ago. But hey, don’t you forget Venus Retrograde and the sometimes strange humour of the universe.
Everything in your life that is connected to any kind of relationships or community could feel super stressful right now. Venus’s energy is asking you to balance your relationships concerning the parts of giving and receiving, of healthy self-love versus egoism and how you live freely according to your vision without stepping on the feet of the ones close to you. Overall, you just want to find that inner attitude of love and be loved, team play, peace and beauty. Uranus in opposition to Venus brings impulsiveness and rapid changes in our thinking or emotions so it might feel drowning. Though, you know what you need to rescue yourself. As mentioned before, pay attention to karmic situations. What does feel familiar? How did you react before and what were the outcomes? This is the chance to start new, to choose new ways of reacting and to be the person you really want to be.
How to work with the energies
Summing it all up, the Scorpio New Moon asks us to transform all the things of which we know that stop us from living our vision. We can bring it all together, community, relationships and at the same time living authentically and autonomously. We just have to encourage ourselves and believe in us. Often we know on point what things aren’t serving our happiness, but we still do them because we are used to it. It seems to be the easy way out. In the end, we feel overwhelmed and helpless and the toxic spiral continues. Now is the time to break these chains.
Off the mat: Work with these questions in whatever form you like, some examples are integrating them into your journaling practice, to meditate on them or just think about them if you have some quiet time for yourself. Feel free to handle this your way, this work is very intuitive and personal. So here come my suggestions:
- What things block me from being my “Higher Self”? This can be people, situations, some behaviour you don’t like, whatever. For example, you say you eat healthily or want to eat healthily but your actions are living on energy drinks and fast food. Note these things down and try to think of what you can really do to change this. Dream big but note down little steps towards that bigger picture. This makes it easier to stay motivated. Be forgiving with others and yourself.
- What is my shadow? Every one of us has it. This dark part of ourselves that we would like to hide all the time or get rid of. But it’s a part of us we can’t get rid of. We only can learn to accept it and to live with it. At this point, the shadow loses its power. Be kind to yourself. Forgive.
- What things do I want to achieve, create or learn? How does growth look like for me? And how could I bring this into my daily life? Same here: Big dreams, small steps.
- How can I be independent and free but, at the same time, have a strong connection to the community and environment? Sometimes it’s just a fine line. And as important your happiness and personal freedom is, as important is it to be there for each other, to have a support group and to respect the planet we live on.
On the mat: The sign of Scorpio is associated with the lower abdomen and the sexual organs, the womb area. They represent vitality and creation. The place where the Shakti energy, the creational life force, resides. The New Moon asks us to step into our full creational potential, to harness that shakti power and be that loving warrior that makes an impact. Life is about creating, loving and experiencing, so let’s do this and have fun while we do it. Here are my suggestions for a practice on the mat around these New Moon topics.
- All asanas that strengthen the inner organs. This happens with all twists and forward folds because, for a short time, we cut a bit of the blood flow. When we release the posture, more blood rushes back, brings more oxygen and improves the work of our internal organs. Supine twist, twisted seat or seated and hip opening forward folds…you choose.
- Practice mula bandha. Bring awareness to your pelvic floor. One exercise here is to roll a strap to a little “ball” and then you sit on it, like a hen on the egg. Place that “ball” just in front of your perineum and imagine you wanted to suck that “egg” into your lower belly using your pelvic muscles.
- Hip openers ❤ I love them, some of us hate them, but nothing goes better than hip openers with the practice of letting go of things.
- The lower three chakras are linked to the energies of this New Moon. Find your base, grow roots. Create and enjoy. Know yourself and know your strength. Meditate on the chakras. You can visualize them, their colours, their qualities.
After Rain Comes Sunshine
Remember, every obstacle bears the opportunity to learn and grow. Life comes in waves, and after rain comes sunshine. And sometimes, after the darkest storm, the clouds open up and a rainbow shows up to mark a new beginning.
Love and Laugh, Namaste 🙂 ❤