The Taurus Full Moon on October 24th will deal with the key topics of the need for stability versus freely expressing the self. As full moons, in general, illuminate our emotions and inner worlds, some rollercoaster rides could shake us. But it’s not to scare us. The universe wants you to put the work in, to really get clear what things you finally don’t need anymore. It’s more important than ever to burn all these old patterns and conditioning and to live according to your truth.
The Taurus Full Moon shows us where in our lives we are asking for more stability. But with stability, I don’t mean prisons, strict routines and stagnant energy. It’s a more loose form of structure that gives you a blueprint at hand. Uranus is conjunct to the moon and hence brings in some chaos. The Taurus energy wants stability for steady progress but the Uranus energy wants freedom and space to express new ideas and the true self. To find some balance here, it’s important to differentiate between the need for stability out of fear or the need for stability because we know balance can only be attained by a fine-tuning of stability and movement.
Venus Retrograde in Opposition to the Moon
Venus is retrograde and conjunct to the sun. As the sun represents the core of your being during the full moon phase we could witness tension in our relationships, as sometimes the need to create the lives we want conflicts with our relationships. The love affairs as well as family and friends. The retrograde phase brings insights into past events that concerned your relationships. Again, you could be challenged with old useless patterns or persons from the past could rise up. Try to observe what needs to be released and then transform these things and move on, being the fresh, brave person you are.
Saturn Comes to Help
As conflicting and maybe stirring these energies might be, there are also supporting energies streaming in. Saturn builds nice aspects to the Moon-Uranus constellation as well as to the Sun-Venus constellation. Use this support by acting wisely. Saturn in Capricorn stands for mature and elaborate decisions. Sometimes just pushing forward for your hearts callings comes too hasty. It’s important to remember that every cause, every action has an effect. There are many ways towards a goal. Choose the high road. Go your path but don’t trample other beings.
How to Work with the Energies
I know, you read this here all the time, but make sure you take some time for yourself. It’s just like that. The moon events are linked to times of introspection and in our rushing, externally orientated world we tend to forget that all creativity and all life comes from within. Therefore, sit with your thoughts and feelings. Only in a dark void or on a blank space there is room for something new.
Off the mat: Do the inner work. Create some time for yourself, to be alone. Choose your favourite tool for self-evaluation. That can be writing things down (journaling), you can just think of it (but writing is more powerful because it’s the next step in manifesting things) or you meditate on those questions. Then ask yourself these questions and work with them:
- What things in my life are really outdated? What brings me more negative feelings than positive? Why did I stick to it and in contrast how do I want to change? What person do I want to be and which actions reflect that I live according to my truth and can create that person?
- What kind of freedom does the person that I want to become need? Where are the boundaries?
- What sort of structure can be harmonious to me, so I can still keep my freedom and express myself the way I want?
- What can I learn from past relationships that didn’t turn out in my favour? And remember: There are always two sides. And the only side you can control is your side. So instead of thinking about how you can avoid something, think how you can pro-actively make positive decisions that are based on love and trust but still keep you safe. Act out of love, not of fear. Break these patterns!
- Practice shifting perspectives: to cultivate a wise manner of making decisions, it’s important to practice the cause and effect thinking. Take a situation. How would you normally react and what are the consequences, even consequences that come after a day, a week? And how would you react when you could react like the best, loving version of yourself, still making a point? How would these consequences look like? It’s important to always know how much power and impact we can have. And very often consequences need some time to show up.
- Practice gratitude. List all the things that you are grateful for in the last two weeks.
On the mat: The sign of Taurus is connected to the element of earth and the body areas of the neck & throat, the ears and the upper shoulder parts. Doing soft neck-movements and stretches and some easy shoulder-exercises can feel very easing and take bodily or mental pressure away. On the one hand, grounding asanas are needed to create the feeling of being safe and sound, to have stability within yourself. Use seated forward folds (also enhance the introspection) and easy twists to care for your body and mind. On the other hand, we need some energies that kick-ass, that transform and bring new fresh ideas and self-esteem. Try to play with inversions. Headstand, handstand, forearm stand, shoulder stand. Or the softest version, viparita karani (legs up the wall). For successful inversions, you need an active core work, so if you really are going for the tricky ones, make sure that you are warmed up properly. Moreover, bring a few hip-openers to the mat. The old emotional traumas are most like to be stored energetically in the hip area. Opening the hips allows the energy to flow again, to create life, to open new circles instead of running around in old ones. Transform what no longer serves you.
This too shall pass
Life is a constantly swinging between ups and downs and as tricky as it is sometimes, we need both sides of the spectrum to know that the other exists. Without the darkness, there would be no wisdom about light. So remember: This too shall pass. Cultivate the good times, learn from the bad. In the end, we are all just striving for balance.
Happy Full Moon, may you have a smooth ride on the cosmic waves.
Laugh & Love, Namaste!